Cheap Land in Virginia on Eastern Shore Peninsula
Just 12 minutes south of Oak Hall on Virignia’s Eastern Shore Peninsula, this flat, buildable lot is a water and nature lover’s dream.
- Very Buildable: Flat, No Floodplain, Easy Zoning
- Direct Public Road Frontage
- Power Available
- Just Minutes from Chesapeake Bay & Atlantic Ocean
- Cheap Taxes
- Priced about 31% Below Market
PROPERTY: This charming 1.03 acre lot is a blank canvas for your next home! With no floodplain or wetlands encroachments, this flat and classic, rectangular-shaped lot is perfect for a variety of residential uses thanks to its versatile and relaxed Agricultural zoning – including mobile homes. Whether you’re looking to build from the ground up, or simply want an affordable piece of land on the Eastern Shore Peninsula to call your own, this property has you covered. The public road frontage on both its north (Cherry Hill Rd) and south (Royal Tartan Rd) boundary lines guarantees easy access to power sources, while the low property taxes only add to the appeal – only $104 last year! This area is a recreational paradise, with Chesapeake Bay 15 minutes to the northwest, offering water sports, fishing, and sightseeing opportunities, or head 30 minutes northeast to Assateague Island National Seashore, featuring its famous wild ponies, Atlantic beaches, marshland, dunes and pine forests. Space cowboys will love NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility Visitor Center, just 18 minutes on the way. 5 minutes to the southwest lies the town of Mappsville, hosting several local restaurants, grocery stores, and a medical center, while the nearest Walmart is in Onley, about half an hour south. If you are looking for major retailers and thrilling night life, Virginia Beach is just an hour and a half away. Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity at an unbeatable Acretown price!
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like to make an offer. We’ve posted a lot of info below – including critical instructions for visiting the property – so please keep reading!
Best Deal in the Market – Check Zillow or Realtor and You’ll Agree!
After opening this map, you may see even more information about the area by clicking on Map Legend, then Overlays.
- ADDRESS (street # estimated – use GPS for navigation): 28001 Royal Tartan Rd, Hallwood VA 23359
- SIZE: 1.03 acres
- GPS COORDINATES: 37.860654, -75.589924
- APN: 054-00-A0-00-0179-S0
- ABRIDGED LEGAL DESCRIPTION: ROSS 150 X 300
- FULL LEGAL DESCRIPTION: download here
- PLAT MAP/SURVEY: tax plat here (get boundary/KML file here – opens in Google Earth)
- TITLE: General Warranty deed (clean – no back taxes, no liens)
- MINERAL RIGHTS: any mineral rights we own will convey to buyer (we have no knowledge of severance of mineral rights by a previous owner)
- DIMENSIONS (approximate): 150′ x 300′
- FLOODPLAIN: none, no wetlands
- ELEVATION: 35 feet
- TERRAIN: flat
- CONDITION: undeveloped, wooded
- ACCESS: 150 feet of direct frontage on Royal Tartan Rd and 150 feet on Cherry Hill Rd (both are public roads)
- POWER: available along road
- WATER: well would need to be installed
- WASTEWATER: none (septic system would need to be installed)
- The built-in savings you receive on all Acretown properties frees up extra money to install a variety of conventional and more modern, non-conventional septic systems, like mound systems, pressurized dosing, plastic chamber leach fields, aerobic treatment, etc. (which have become popular solutions to non-satisfactory perc tests).
- TAXES: $104.14 in 2022
- HOA: none
- HOA FEES: none
- DEED RESTRICTIONS: none
- ZONING: Agricultural (summarized below; full doc here)
- best suited for single family home
- mobile/manufactured homes OK on permanent foundation
- building setbacks: 50 feet from road, 15 feet from side
- SCHOOL DISTRICTS: Kegotank (Elementary) – Arcadia (Middle School) – Arcadia (High School)
- NEAREST CITIES: Hallwood < Onley, Pocomoke City(MD) < Virginia Beach
- NEAREST AIRPORTS: Salisbury-Ocean City Regional (53 mins), Norfolk International (1 hr 46 mins), Newport News/Williamsburg International (2 hrs 17 mins)
- COUNTY GOVERNMENT:
- Assessor (757) 787-5729
- Treasurer (757) 787-5738
- Clerk/Recorder (757) 787-5776
- Planning & Zoning (757) 787-5726
You can go view the property at your convenience – owner does not need to accompany. Please call/text us to let us know you’re heading out, so we can ensure we have our phone on us in case you need help or have any questions. We’d appreciate a couple hours notice if possible. In case you lose cell phone service, it may be helpful to print off as many helpful documents as you can before you head out there.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS: Click HERE to open the destination in Google Maps, and simply enter your starting point to get step-by-step directions.
- From this link, you can press “Directions” (on the left), enter your starting point, and Google Maps will provide you with step-by-step directions.
- You can also click “Send to Phone” if you’re viewing this on your computer
- And “Save” to download the directions so they’ll still work if you lose cell service.
If for some reason you’re having trouble with that link, you can navigate to GPS Coordinates 37.860654, -75.589924.
WALKING THE PROPERTY LINES w/YOUR PHONE: We highly recommend downloading Google Earth to your phone if you don’t already have it. Then . . .
- Download the property boundary file (called a KML or KMZ file) here. You may be prompted to click “download” one more time, so do that . . . OR you may be prompted to immediately open the file with Google Earth and, in that case, do that and ignore the remaining steps. Otherwise . . .
- Open Google Earth
- Go to the main menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left of the screen), then Projects > Open > Import KML file > select the KML file you just downloaded (it should show up on that screen).
Now you should be able to see the property lines on the map, and the green dot represents where you’re currently standing. This is a very important tool to learn BEFORE you head out there. Please call us if you have any questions about it.
Welcome to a recreation paradise, with Chesapeake Bay 15 minutes to the northwest, offering water sports, fishing, and sightseeing opportunities, or head 30 minutes northeast towards Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge, home to wild Chincoteague ponies, bald eagles and migratory seabirds, and Assateague Island National Seashore, featuring its famous wild ponies, Atlantic beaches, marshland, dunes and pine forests. Space cowboys will love NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility Visitor Center, just 18 minutes on the way. 5 minutes to the southwest lies the town of Mappsville, hosting several local restaurants, grocery stores, and a medical center, while the nearest Walmart is in Onley, about half an hour south. If you are looking for major retailers and thrilling night life, Virginia Beach is just an hour and a half away.
NEARBY – Assateague Island National Seashore (28 minutes), Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge (30 minutes), NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility Visitor Center (18 minutes), Hammock Boat Ramp (15 minutes), Curtis Merritt Harbor (30 minutes), Queens Sound VDWR Boat Ramp (21 minutes), Saxis Wildlife Management Area (15 minutes), Wallops Island National Wildlife Refuge (21 minutes).
MAPPSVILLE (5 minutes, nearest grocery store)
- RETAIL – Dollar General, Matthews Market, Stuckey’s, Cordova Mexican Store, Penny Pincher Thrift Store, Bloxom Mini Mart, and many more.
- RESTAURANTS – Roma’s Diner & Pizzeria, El Crucero, El Sol, and more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, H & H Pharmacy Oak Hall.
- RECREATIONAL – Old Wallops Island Ferry Dock, Gum Branch River.
ONLEY (23 minutes, nearest Walmart)
- RETAIL – Walmart, Chesapeake Square, Marshalls, Dollar General, Cato Fashions, Book Bin, Hibbett Sports, Food Lion, and many more.
- RESTAURANTS – Kendall’s Kountry Kitchen, Don Valerio’s Mexican Restaurant, Molly’s Fruit, Sage Diner, Bojangles, Wendy’s, McDonald’s, and many more.
- MEDICAL SERVICES? Yes, Onley Community Health Center, Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital, Orthofit Brace & Limb, CVS, Walgreens, and more.
- RECREATIONAL – George N McMath Park, Onley Historic Train Station, and more.
VIRGINIA BEACH (1 hour 50 minutes, nearest major city)
OWNER FINANCING: We do not offer owner-financing but you could get a loan through a bank or another lender and we’d be happy to coordinate with them.
OUTSIDE FINANCING: At this price range (less than $20K), a personal loan from your bank or credit union is probably the easiest and quickest way to secure financing.
Call or text Scott directly at 314.639.9777 or email at email@example.com if you’d like to discuss an offer.
FOR SALE BY OWNER: We are investors, and are selling this lot For-Sale-By-Owner. You do not need to submit your offer through a real estate agent, and in our experience we close transactions more quickly and easily by having our dedicated transaction coordinator work directly with the Title Company and Buyers. We will also both save money on commission/fees by cutting out agents as the middle men. However, if you feel strongly about working with a Realtor, then you’re welcome to have them contact us on your behalf.
WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT SO CHEAP? We are often asked why we price our properties at below market value, and the answer is really simple: because we can, and that’s our core business model. We are investors who purchase properties at a large volume and deeply liquidated rates, and by passing this discount on to our buyers, we can sell land quickly . . . and more of it! In fact, our average property only lasts 2-3 weeks on the market (vs. industry average of about 6 months).
DISCLAIMER: We attempt to provide detailed, accurate and up-to-date information in our listings, in order to help our buyers to the best of our ability. However, it ultimately remains the buyer’s responsibility to perform their own due diligence and double check any details that are of significant importance to you including acreage, utilities, build-ability, and approved/allowable use-age for the property. We are happy to help however we can.